Since its inception in 2005, Parakh institute of health sciences, Nursing has remained steadfast to the one central commitment to provide a balanced comprehensive nursing education and clinical skills.
Parakh Institute of Nursing aims at turning out intellectually enlightened, morally upright, spiritually inspired, emotionally balanced and socially committed nurses.
Situated in the main campus, close to the Ghatkopar railway station.
Parakh institute of Health sciences has been awarded CEDP Revolutionary award for excellence in education, employment and empowerment. Click to see
The institute runs 4 full-time nursing courses. They are:
|Name of the Course||Type of the Course||Duration||Recognized By|
|Diploma in nursing||Diploma||2 Year||Bharat Sevak Samaj|
|Diploma in dialysis Technician||Diploma||1 year||Bharat Sevak Samaj|
|DMLT AND CMLT||Diploma||1 year||Bharat Sevak Samaj|
Students are required to, on successfully completing their training; render their services to the institution.
We conduct induction program for newly recruited staff :
- To orient staff nurses to the hospital’s inpatient care settings.
- To familiarize staff nurses with the hospital’s procedure manual.
- To stress the importance of nurse-patient interaction and communication skills.
- To review the importance of professional etiquette as a primary requirement for quality care.
- To reinforce skill training in nursing procedure.
The program is conducted on a regular basis for a period of 7 to 10 days. The program schedule consists of:
- Introduction to the mission and vision of Parakh Institute of health sciences of Health Sciences.
- Team building.
- Basic care of patients.
- Communication skills..
- Professional etiquette.
- Interaction with departments like Pharmacy, Medico-Social Work (MSW), Billing etc. regarding various policies related to admission and discharge of patients.
- Orientation to other departments in the academy.